29 Dec 2010

Because you say Jesus...and they say Allah.

Mummy??....where is my mummy???...
Oh my God..I can’t find anybody...

I'm so scared...
What's going to happen to me?

Who are those men??...
Is that a dead body? ...
Oh my God …oh my God …oh God...

I have to run...

but where? ...
They're everywhere...
Why is this happening to us? ...
Why is everybody fighting? ...


My heart bleeds when I think of those people that live in constant bondage,
In a country that claims freedom
When I think of those families that have been scarred forever,
 Or was forced to convert, for fear of being massacred
When I think of that girl that was made to watch while her father was butchered,
and that little boy that could do nothing while his mother was raped.


Why do we fight over who the other person chooses to call God?
Why is there so much hate and violence because of Religion?
Who really has the right or power to say this is the right or wrong one?
Or worse still the power to impose this notion on others.

Whenever I think of Jos or Maiduguri and what happens there I get teary eyed, I really feel helpless cause all I can do is talk, write or pray about it...is this really necessary?....the killings?
I mean really...do we have to kill to get our message across?

My deepest condolences remain with the people that have been affected by the killings in Jos and Maiduguri.

May God grant us peace in Nigeria.


1 comment:

  1. Nice write-up... Wish the whole country could actually read this.

    ReplyDelete