28 Dec 2010

11 Days Without My BB


"why cant you just put your phone down"  
"you're so rude, been talking to you for 10 minutes and you've stared at your phone for 7 of those minutes"
"why come to a party when you're only gonna stand in a corner and fiddle with you phone"

These are they kind of statements you hear or even say after being around a BB user for more than 20 minutes...we are a miserable bunch..no really -__-.  And God forbid that our BB gets missing..or our BIS(blackberry internet services) stops working...what???...its like watching a crack addict that hasn't seen crack in 2 days...its really madness..

10th December 2010. That was the day I lost my BB, I wasn't bothered at first cause it wasn't the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd time i had lost my BB, but this unlike the other times, was the first time I didnt  replace it immediately.

The 1st thing that made me hesitate was the fact that i had coursework due in a week, so i thought 
"ah well, its all good, I could do without all the distraction''
Then I decided to make things interesting, I wanted to see how long I could last without my BB. 

Day1-6: Wasn't too bad, I was very busy with my work so I didn't really think about my BB.
     
Day7: Ghen ghen...lol...this is where the problem began, that's when I realised I had not only lost my access to BBM , but I had lost Ubertwitter, over 1000 pictures, funny as hell voicenotes, my carefully put together play lists, and some contacts I would probably never get back..WOW!. That was a lot to take in at  first but after a while I got over it.

Day8: I started to get really restless, I couldn't reach people except my parents and really close friends, I couldn't tweet at will, and school had closed so I didn't have a proper distraction. I thought that was it...I couldn't do it..I was going to get my BB back...until...

Day9: YAY!!!..i got a new toy..the apple tablet..a.ka. the ipad. I was all over it..downloading apps, playing games, oh and i could tweet again...it was beautiful..i didnt even think about my BB

DAY10: By this time my friends started getting angry, they had gotten tired to having to DM me or email me or call the landline when they wanted to reach me..they started to pressure me into getting my BB back. I on the other was quite chilled!..i could go on for weeks....i didnt miss the senseless broadcast messages, i didnt miss people constantly updating their status' with proper bullshit...it was a beautiful world for me again...so sad that the end of my bliss was near..

DAY11: ..sad day this was for me...it was my last day of freedom. My friends and my mother practically forced me to get my BB back. They had had enough...so i went and bought the stupid thing (BB). Luckily orange was being fucked up as usual so they didnt activate the services till the next day.. I had one more night of peace :(...

And then it was gone...

The result of this experiment i carried out is for the benefit of all BB users out there..if and when you decide to break free from the bondage that is the blackberry, i want to let you know that you wont regret it. There really is life outside the BB..its true..i have seen it first hand. It is my sincere hope and prayer that one day, I will break free for good!


2 comments:

  1. haha, funniest ish all day. but what about people who don't have an ipad, how do they break free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..thanks Hun...err..I dunno..get a pet??..lol

    ReplyDelete