17 Dec 2010

My Christmas List

"i wrote down a list of things i wanted for Christmas
but it wasn't really a list as it was just one thing,
i sent it to my mother and she said
baby girl. i cant give you that, I'm not big enough.
hmmm..who's bigger than mummy..ah!..daddy!


so i sent my list to daddy
he thought long and hard...
looked speechless for a bit
and said with carefully picked words
err..honey..is there anything else you want?..
i got the message..


why couldn't anybody get me that one thing?
i decided to call in the big guns


so i sent my list to God..
took him a while to get back to me..
just when i was beginning to think he wasn't going to reply
he did...


my baby he said..
you know i can do everything..and i own everything..
and i have the power to give you this thing that you ask..
but don't you think you'd like this thing better if you know it came to you of its own accord?
i have given you freewill so i know you can make your own decisions..
but from my experience as the all knowing
i can confidently tell you that you'd love it better when its really your time to have it.


i can give it to you in a second
but because i love you I'm not going to
your time will come
and when it does...you'll call me up again and say thank you.
have a nice day my darling."


So I'm going to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment