2 Mar 2011

Writers Block

Seeing as how the title of this post is something I'm suffering from at the moment I bet this post is going to be crappy..so bear with me.
I've been incapable of writing a decent post for a while now and a friend suggested I write about writers block. Lovely idea I thought..but its not so easy.
What is writers block anyway??
At first I thought it was just lack of Inspiration so I decided to do something about it. I have a book called 'writers block'...ironic yh?...anyway it's a lovely book and one of it's suggestions was that I should eavesdrop on a few random conversations, apparently great books and articles were born from eavesdropping..
Hmmm..ok..I went to the library and gave it a shot...and wow..people talk about the stupidest, randomest things when they think no one is listening.

Any way I had a good laugh and went back home, still i couldn't write..so I went on a reading spree. I read blogs and articles and short stories,..they didn't help, they just made me jealous cuz I kept thinking "why didn't I write that"...or "I could've written that". So..I gave up on that and I gave up on trying to write. I thought "when it wants to come it will".

It's been days and I still have nothing, I'm not worried though, it always comes back, plus I'm hoping this post triggers it, besides you know what they say "you're not really a writer till you've suffered from writers block" or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment