7 Jan 2011

Not this again...

It was a few minutes past 12pm and I had just woken up, I said a quick prayer, switched on my phone and went through my usual morning rituals.
Checked my Bbm status updates..*yawn*...nothing interesting there.
Moved on to twitter..and everyone was talking about 21 May 2011.
As a sharp babe I quickly googled it.
The first words outta my mouth were "not this shit again now..ahahn"
What a way to begin the new year.

For those of you who haven't heard of the phenomenal event happening on that day (although I doubt such people exist now)...it is the day of rapture.
Yes you read right..some pastor said he decoded the date using a mathematical code in the bible.
Can you imagine?..

I took my time to read through it and that's when I got concerned, you see his facts where backed up by the bible, backed up yes, but not correctly used or even understood. Truth is, in the wrong hands and the right amount of ignorance the bible can be used to back up almost anything.
Normally I would've just tweeted about it and moved on but he actually had enough bullshit to confuse people. Any Christian without a proper foundation or a new christain still trying to figure things out could easily have been swayed by his argument.

Not going to go into what he's said, you can always google that, I'm just going say something to remind people that there is ABSOLUTELY no way..no way in hell..that a human being has..or will ever know the day of rapture before it happens.

The bible says no one knows the date, except God, not even Jesus.
I'm pretty sure that if after reading such a passage in the bible, a pastor takes it upon himself to try to outsmart God and decode the day of rapture that can be construed as a Sin. I'm really disappointed in this so called pastor..but then again..the bible say the end times will be filled with 'false prophets'

On to my point, we're only human and we all have weak moments, so whenever you find yourself doubting what you know about this topic, read Mathew 24 :24-44. That should re-assure you.

I promised myself that I was going to keep this short so I wouldn't bore anyone so I'm going to end on this note.
Mathew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only
.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you... dats wat i've bn tryna tell ppl since. htf wuld a human kno... kmt

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right..quite sad that people still get confused and believe these things

    ReplyDelete
  3. smh... btw plsss ff mah blog :)

    ReplyDelete